It is too easy to say
'we told you so' or ha! ha! ha!, but School Supt. Timothy Jenney is too pathetic
He creates his own train wreck
School Supt. Dr. Timothy R.
Jenney is the classic example of an overly brilliant, self-indulgent, arrogant
bureaucrat who believes his own PR.
He has the capacity for
greatness, but has allowed flawed character traits to ruin some of his hopes
and dreams while at the same time wreaking untold damage on a previously
excellent school system and staff.
To his credit, in his
interview with the Pinellas Co. Florida School Board, he admitted his own
faults and didn't attempt to blame others.
But there are others to
blame: The Virginia Beach School Board or the 'Rubber Stamp"
School Board as we call them. They, out of inferiority, have been
subservient to the strong-willed dominating ways of Jenney, typical traits
of one with a 'short man syndrome' who feels he must dominate others to
prove his own self worth.
The Rubber Stamp board has
allowed Jenney to run roughshod over valuable, longtime, and loyal
personnel to achieve his now false sense of 'greatness' which worked so
well in exposing his faults to the nation as reported by the St.
Petersburg Times during his Pinellas County interview:
"I'm very direct, not without couth, and I think I'm generally savvy," he said. "I have high expectations for my staff, and if I'm guilty of one thing it's that I work them very hard."
He said some of his staff would describe him as autocratic and domineering while others would say he includes them in decisions.
"It's not been easy. I have made some enemies," Jenney said, adding: "Of this I am sure: Wherever I have departed from I've left better than I found it."
Typically he said all the
wrong things: Harsher treatment, no sacred staff cows who can't be
disciplined his way, greater demands of others to glorify himself, and
worst of all - MORE MONEY.
The poor guy just doesn't
exist in the real world. He takes bad PR advice and uses it
The best thing this Rubber
Stamp School Board can do before Jenney, (AKA among staffers as 'Tiny
Tim,' and TLD - 'The Terrible Little Dwarf') destroys everything
good and wholesome in the Virginia Beach School System is to cut him
Send him elsewhere to wreak
his havoc and continue inflating his ego.
- Multiple letters re: Jenney's self-inflicted train wreck in trying
to leave Virginia Beach for FL job
- Sch. Supt. Jenney's job hunt brought joy to school system, teachers
(but alas, his reputation preceded him and cost him the job)
- Sch. Supt. Jenney is an embarrassment to the system and the city
- It is too easy to say 'we told you so' or ha! ha! ha!, but School
Supt. Timothy Jenney is too pathetic for that - He creates his own
loss would have been 'good riddance' for school system
- School superintendent's wife should reimburse taxpayers for misuse
of public resources
- School superintendent stops wife from hawking commercial massage
service to her peers
superintendent Jenney's principal wife hawks massage service to her
peers; encourages them to use 2 of her friends for in-school massages,
beauty treatments in violation of school board's anti-commercialism
Beach Taxpayer Alliance denounces School Supt. Jenney's 'Lone Ranger'
- School Supt. is a good man with education system interest @ heart
- School Supt. Jenney delays taxpayer - financed Duke U MBA degree for
1-year; no extra cost to taxpayer, he says
- Sch. Supt. Jenney sends $100,000 assistant to lobby against bill for
public hearings on his salary
- Screwed & scrooged by Dr. Jenney
- Its Splitsville for Sch. Supt. Jenney...after months of speculation
and rumors, TLD files for divorce
- School Supt. engages in 'dirty tricks' to discredit school board
- School Supt. Jenney's tardiness @ ceremony may have contributed to
students' auto accidents
- Jenney has reputation of lavish spending at taxpayer expense
- Can Jenney flim flam new school board? ...Opinion
- VB School Supt. "Tiny" Tim Jenney throws feast costing
thousands for outgoing school board members; at least 4 or 5
- Jenney asks taxpayers for $70,000 to fund his education in another
state to qualify him for his job
- Questions Tim Jenney refused to answer about whether there was a
conflict in hiring a teacher to build his house
- School Supt. Jenney hires teacher to build home, is sued for payment
- School Supt. Tim Jenney hires Jeanne Evans in $80,000/yr job; only has
high school diploma ... refuses to explain why...