Sch. Supt. 'Tiny' Tim Jenney heads
to FL's warmer climes in effort to abandon Virginia Beach - for 2nd time
Rebuffed in his first attempt
to leave Virginia Beach schools for a similar position in FL, in early
March, Timothy R. (Tiny Tim) Jenney is now set to interview with the
Polk Co., FL school system.
In addition, it has been
reported that Jenney's wife, Alice Gay Jenney, principal of Strawbridge
Elementary School has taken leave for the remainder of the school year.
And Jeanne S. Evans, a high
school grad, who was named by Jenney to a $100,000 + advisor post is also
leaving the system. Jeanne hired her as his top political guru, but
after it was pointed out that she was a Democratic pit bulldog in her
previous dealings with Republicans and the entire legislative delegation
had become Republican, he changed her title to his executive
assistant. Reportedly she is planning to go into a consulting
He recently was given his
annual evaluation, but the results haven't been made public yet.
Neither Jenney nor his PR
skirt Evans could be reached for comment.
In Pinellas Co., where he
first interviewed, board members found his abrasive management behavior
and personality style unacceptable for its system.
Like in the Pinellas case,
Jenney is one of 3 finalists and will be interviewed April 14. He
lost out in Pinellas to a motorcycle riding superintendent from Louisiana.
School officials here in
Virginia Beach who dislike Jenney give him credit for bringing the schools
up in curriculum achievement. "We are way ahead of many other
schools from which students transfer from, but his personality is a fatal
flaw as far as I'm concerned," one said.
"He's a brilliant
administrator, but he's just so abrasive and asocial that no one can stand
him," said another.
An arrogant little fellow
described as having a typical 'short man' syndrome, Jenney's tenure in
Virginia Beach has been less than stress free from being sued by a teacher
he hired to build his home, to a divorce, to marriage of one of his
principals, who subsequently tried to use his office to hawk a massage
"Their gain," said
one educator of his FL attempt, "will be ours also."
- School Supt. Tim Jenney hires Jeanne Evans in $80,000/yr job; only
has high school diploma ... refuses to explain why...
- School Supt. Jenney hires teacher to build home, is sued for payment
- Questions Tim Jenney refused to answer about whether there was a
conflict in hiring a teacher to build his house
- Jenney asks taxpayers for $70,000 to fund his education in another
state to qualify him for his job
- VB School Supt. "Tiny" Tim Jenney throws feast costing
thousands for outgoing school board members; at least 4 or 5
- Can Jenney flim flam new school board? ...Opinion
- Jenney has reputation of lavish spending at taxpayer expense
- School Supt. Jenney's tardiness @ ceremony make have contributed to
students' auto accidents
- School Supt. engages in 'dirty tricks' to discredit school board
- Its Splitsville for Sch. Supt. Jenney...after months of speculation
and rumors, TLD files for divorce
- Screwed & scrooged by Dr. Jenney
- Sch. Supt. Jenney sends $100,000 assistant to lobby against bill for
public hearings on his salary
- School Supt. Jenney delays taxpayer - financed Duke U MBA degree for
1-year; no extra cost to taxpayer, he says
- School Supt. is a good man with education system interest @ heart
Beach Taxpayer Alliance denounces School Supt. Jenney's 'Lone Ranger'
superintendent Jenney's principal wife hawks massage service to her
peers; encourages them to use 2 of her friends for in-school massages,
beauty treatments in violation of school board's anti-commercialism
- School superintendent stops wife from hawking commercial massage
service to her peers
- School superintendent's wife should reimburse taxpayers for misuse
of public resources
Beach Sch. Supt. Timothy (Tiny Tim) Jenney seeking
similar position with the Pinellas Country, FL school system.
Left Thursday for interview. Multiple factors at play in
decision to seek a better life in a better climate, he tells
colleagues in email Thursday
- Sch. Supt. Jenney's job hunt brought joy to school system, teachers
(but alas, his reputation preceded him and cost him the job)
- It is too easy to say 'we told you so' or ha! ha! ha!, but School
Supt. Timothy Jenney is too pathetic for that - He creates his own
- Multiple letters re: Jenney's self-inflicted train wreck in trying
to leave Virginia Beach for FL job
- Sch. Supt. Jenney is an embarrassment to the system and the city